HOME

Mar 26, 2009

Lewis Hamilton Has Hinted He May Have To Look Elsewhere.............

Lewis Hamilton has hinted he may have to look elsewhere if McLaren continue to struggle and not live up to his expectations.

McLaren have been working 24/7 to correct the issues, and they have made significant progress from just a few weeks ago when it quickly became apparent they were miles off the pace.

Hamilton knows there is now little he can do at Melbourne's Albert Park on Sunday, other than give it his all.

"It's been a long, long break since the last grand prix, and we've come here not knowing what to expect," said the 24-year-old.

"I feel very proud to be here as world champion, to have realised a dream I had long held.

"I have reset my targets, and the goal now is to be world champion again.

"You can improve and you can always try to be better. Now we will just try and do the best job we can."

Hamilton, though, will not have enamoured team bosses by claiming he would listen to other offers if approached.

It goes against the grain of comments made at the end of last year when he stated he would love to see out his career with McLaren.

Now, with McLaren clearly struggling, he has opened the door for a potential escape should the team fail to resolve their concerns.

"I haven't had offers from other teams, and I am not talking to anyone," insisted Hamilton.

"But I would listen to an offer if someone asked. It would be a compliment, and it would be silly if I did not."

News source :espnstar.com

Share/Bookmark